Mayakoba, the eco-luxury resort community located in the Riviera Maya, will be hosting their first-annual Masters of Food, Wine & Golf on June 2-5th, 2016 (yes, next weekend) for four days of the best in food, wine and golf. Read more…
This celebration of sport, spirits and gastronomy, Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf will connect guests with culinary stars from around the world – Buenos Aires, Peru, Sao Paulo, New York City, Barcelona, Dallas, Mexico City – with exclusive food, wine and spirit tasting experiences as well as a two-day golf tournament at Mayakoba’s award-winning El Camaleon Golf Club (home to the PGA Tour’s OHL Classic). We visited Mayakoba in January at stayed at the Fairmont Mayakoba. This luxe area in Mexico has everything you could possibly want in a summer getaway.
- Signature Mexican dinner with world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval – the exclusive epicurean experience at El Puerto Restaurant in Fairmont Mayakoba will be complemented by pours from San Rafael Winery, located in the celebrated Ojos Negros wine region in Baja California.
- Lunch with Chef Andrew Ormsby & Casa Madero – the renowned Australian chef will prepare a seafood beach lunch served with wines by Mexican favorite Casa Madero
- Dinner with Chef Paola Carosella & Monte Xanic Winery – hosted by Hans Backoff, founder of Monte Xanic Winery in Baja’s Guadalupe Valley, this special dinner will take place in a spectacular new residence at Rosewood Mayakoba.
- Grand Tasting at El Pueblito – a showcase of fine wineries, brewers, tequila and mezcal producers from across Latin America will take place at Mayakoba’s newest dining and event venue
- Supper Party hosted by Felipe Donnellywith bites from NYC’s Felipe Donnelly (Comodo)
- Spa day and ladies luncheon with guest Chef Diane Dimeo at Rosewood Mayakoba
- Two spa treatments for non-golfers
- Cooking classes with guest chefs at the El Pueblito Cooking School
- Visit Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf for tickets and pricing
The Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf comes on the heels of several new food and beverage offerings to open at the resort in the last year. Additional programs involve local customs and indigenous ingredients of the Riviera Maya. Banyan Tree Mayakoba recently unveiled HAAB, an immersive outdoor dining experience that brings ancient culture, customs and cuisine of the Mayan people to the table. Rosewood Mayakoba also introduced La Ceiba Garden & Kitchen, an al fresco environment for guests to partake in cooking demonstrations, tastings and even foraging for their own produce. At Fairmont Mayakoba, the new “Classics Perfected” cocktail menu – a global Fairmont program designed by its elite bartenders – is available at the newly- renovated Lobby Lounge.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.