What’s on our yoga retreat hot list this spring? Destination Kohler, the Midwest’s only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort-hotel, is hosting an inspiring yoga workshop with West Coast celebrity yogi, Patrick Beach, April 7-9, 2017. This dynamic three-day session will take place at Yoga on the Lake, the resort’s holistic and premium yoga studio, overlooking the picturesque Wood Lake.
Patrick Beach travels the world educating students with his vigorous and fluid vinyasa yoga practice and teachings. “Anytime you have a chance to be in such a naturally beautiful location something special is brought to the table. Yoga is a practice of connection, with the self, with others and with the nature so when there is an opportunity to feel those connections organically a certain magic is brought to the table. Students have the opportunity to explore yoga in a more natural way, they get to be part of something bigger than there own practice and that is a beautiful thing. I am excited to be a long for the adventure,” says Patrick.
The three-day workshop at Destination Kohler is comprised of four sessions and caters to all levels of experience.
- Advanced Flow – Friday, April 7, 2017 (6-8 p.m.)
- An authentic and freeing class that builds up foundational strength, combining a series of flexibility-focused postures to help students move into challenging inversions and deep back-bends.
- Hip to Handstands – Saturday, April 8, 2018 (10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- Designed for both beginners and more advanced practitioners looking to strengthen the foundations of their handstand practice, this session focuses on alignment and full-body activation.
- Sense of Calm – Saturday, April 8, 2018 (2:30-4:30 p.m.)
- A full-body restorative Yin-style practice releases deep tension in shoulders, hips and legs, allowing students to find their sukha and sthira – the balance of steadiness and ease.
- A Complete Practice – Sunday, April 9, 2017 (2:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Well-rounded yoga workshop moving through asana, pranayama and meditation that will work to create a true connection between the body and mind.
- Cost: individual, $60; three-day, $230
- Reservations required; bookings available here
Other wellness offerings guests can explore include the renowned Kohler Waters Spa, one of only 47 Forbes Five-Star spas in the world and industry leader in water-based treatments; River Wildlife, a 500-acre wilderness preserve on-property designed for active, adventure seekers; and Sports Core, an exercise studio with up to 15 group programs daily, including aquatic fitness, cardio, Pilates and TRX. Showcased in 12 distinct dining establishments, the resort’s extensive and celebrated culinary program caters to all, with nutritious menu options ranging from vegan, gluten-free and vegetarian. Reservations are available by calling 1-866-520-7452 and mentioning the event for a special wellness room rate.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.