Helena Bay, Northland New Zealand’s intimate luxury lodge has further elevated its guest programming with the launch of new “moon” packages (for babymooners and honeymooners), amenities and unveiling details of a private yacht set to come in 2019. Helena Bay Lodge provides the upmost privacy and luxury experiences including world-class cuisine from the team behind Michelin-starred restaurant Ristorante Don Alfonso 1890. The property is built to host no more than ten guests on property at a time. This is the perfect destination for babymooners or honeymooners.
For wellness travelers, guests can enjoy an intimate spa with a private massage room, Turkish sauna and steam room, and a cold plunge pool. The resorts also is host to a spectacular 25-metre heated outdoor swimming pool, built to reflect the character of a traditional Russian Banya (bathhouse). Plenty of outdoor activities will keep couples busy include hiking, tennis, mountain biking, sea kayaking, paddle boarding and more. Additionally there is an indoor gym on property.
What’s new at the resort this year?
‘Moon Menu’ – The new moon menu offers packages for both honeymooners and babymooners including the following specially curated amenities:
- Unlimited cocktails for the mom-to-be
- A prenatal massage
- In-room late night cravings basket
- Bottle of wine
- Couples spa treatment
- Couples cooking class
- Private beach picnic
- ‘Private Flights’ excursion to a local winery via helicopter (available for an additional cost)
- Middle Earth, Fly + Dine Experience – Throughout this fully immersive excursion throughout the destination, guests will experience sights from the hills of the Hunua Ranges and the long flat lands of the Hauraki Plains. Find thousands of luminescent glow worms in the caves at Waitomo, beautiful stalactites, stalagmites at Aranui Cave, followed by a private tour and lunch at Hobbiton to see the remnants of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit movie sets. Lastly, guests will take the last leg of helicopter transport to Waiheke Island for wine tasting and early three-course dinner at one of the wineries.
- Ocean-to-Plate – Guests can enjoy being swept up from the beaches right outside their villas for a full day chartered fishing excursion. After a day on the water experiencing New Zealand’s big game fishing, any fresh catches from the day can be brought back to Helena Bay for Executive Chef Michele to prepare a wonderful ‘ocean to plate’ dinner. The excursion from 8am – 4pm includes a private charter, fishing gear, and food and beverages followed by a meal prepared with the fresh catch.
- New private luxury yacht (coming 2019) – Adding to the property’s high-touch guest services and amenities, Helena Bay will debut its own handcrafted top-of-the-line yacht in February 2019. The Semifly 45 yacht is in the process of being built by Dickey Boats and will offer a new level of luxury offshore. The customized yacht will offer beautiful spacious lounge space, two full cabins and capability for a third, dining space and a functional galley, providing the idyllic setting for a romantic offshore dinner, private sunset rides, and diving and fishing excursions off the Tutukaka Coast.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.