It is a great for a road trip vacation, and next up on our list is to the pristine natural beauty of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. Overlooking the dune-lined Atlantic coast, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island may just be the perfect destination for a classic family Road Trip Beach Vacation. The southernmost island of a chain of sea islands that begin off the coast of South Carolina, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is located on the border of Florida and Georgia and easily accessible by car.
In an era of social distancing, guests can bike miles of paths shaded by ancient oaks, walk wide stretches of uncrowded beaches and enjoy summer’s warm ocean water with a boogie board. Enjoy many other resort pleasures or simply relax in an Adirondack chair gazing at the magnificent ocean vistas.
For tennis fans, the resort features an oceanfront clay court. For golf enthusiasts, the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is one of the only resorts in Florida to offer both on-property golf and beach access. Guests receive playing privileges at The Golf Club of Amelia Island, a private club catering to the exclusive surrounding community of Summer Beach. Beach activities in clue ocean paddle boards, surfing lessons and more.
The resort offers guests the opportunity for adventure, relaxation and everything in between with a special Stay Longer Package that offers up to a 30% overnight saving and a Beach Road Trip Vacation which includes $100 hotel credit and complimentary valet parking. Use promotion code L9Z at www.ritzcarlton.com/ameliaisland or contact your preferred travel agent for reservations.
8 Reasons to Visit The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island This Summer
1) Shell and Shark Tooth Hunt. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Naturalist leads a daily exploration in search of coastal treasures at the water’s edge. Guests collect unique seashells, driftwood and fossilized shark teeth in this timeless beach activity.
2) Nature Walks. For lovers of the outdoors, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is paradise found. Located on vital migratory routes and between two protected state parks and nature preserves, the resort’s serene environment is the perfect spot to take advantage of birding and hiking adventures. Guests explore beach and dune ecology on a walk with the Naturalist to identify coastal birds, dune flora and wild animals indigenous to dunes and maritime forests.
3) The Red, White and Deep Blue Experience. Celebrate a small hometown Independence Day weekend with lawn games, music and luxe barbecue from our talented culinary team. End the day with a bonfire against a dune backdrop with s’mores and the soothing sound of the breaking surf.
4) Bike Amelia Island. Amelia Island has miles of bike paths easily accessed from the resort. The East Coast Greenway, the 3,000-mile trail that runs from Key West to Maine, goes through Amelia Island along the ocean. Guests can connect to the Ocean View Trail to ride into historic downtown Fernandina Beach or explore the Fort Clinch Trail beneath a canopy of southern oaks for a view of boats passing between the fort and Cumberland Island.
5) Nesting Sea Turtles. Summer is nesting season for the endangered Loggerhead and Leatherback sea turtles on Amelia Island. Traversing the world’s oceans, these magnificent creatures return faithfully to nest within a few hundred yards of where they emerged as hatchlings years ago. With over 300 nests in a season, there are numerous opportunities to learn and experience this natural phenomenon.
6) Disconnect to Reconnect. Rejuvenate your spirits with a peaceful walk along the beach with the sound of breaking waves surrounding you. Visit the award-winning Spa and reserve the Strength and Resilient treatment that combines aromatherapy, yogic stretches and massage to boost energy levels and support the immune system. Stay for the day soaking in the sun at the Spa’s saltwater, adults-only pool or rejuvenating in the eucalyptus-infused steam room.
7) Eco-Kayak Tour. Take advantage of the wild beauty found on the island. Explore Simpson Creek or the majestic beauty of Talbot Island State Park while spotting dolphins, Roseate Spoonbills, White Egrets and other rare migratory birds and animals. The island’s untouched ecological resources become a natural classroom and living laboratory for adults, families and kids to learn while having outdoor fun.
8) Private Poolside Cabanas. Make quality family time count with the experience of a luxury poolside cabana. Each cabana comes equipped with padded lounge chairs, fan, stocked mini-fridge, flat-screen TV and extra privacy. A personal cabana butler attends your every need, ensuring you stay refreshed while enjoying the beautiful Florida sunshine. Each cabana is stocked with fresh whole fruit, bottled water, sunscreen and chilled towels.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.