Christmas is only 34 days away, so if you’re looking for the ultimate storybook Christmas resorts, you’ve come to right place. We’ve rounded up five of our ultimate travel favorites from Montana to Ireland with unique and classic Christmas offerings as our gift to you. Happy holidays!
A Montana Christmas at The Resort at Paws Up in Greenough, Montana
Spread holiday cheer across Paws Up’s expansive 37,000 acres. Guest will dine on gourmet holiday spreads dreamed up by renowned Paws Up Executive Chef Sunny Jin and iconic Atlanta Chef Kevin Gillespie. Compete in a gingerbread house contest, explore the large menu of outdoor adventures or relax soaking in your outdoor hot tub at your private luxury home. Guests will receive the best gift of all: quality time with your favorite people (and a personal visit from Santa).
Paws Up has 100 miles of trails on property for cross country skiing, skijoring, running, hiking and horseback riding. Healthy Travel guests will enjoy the fitness studio, yoga classes and spa. The Resort’s new holiday spa menu includes a Pomegranate and Cranberry Splash massage, Warm Apple Pie body wrap, Browned-Butter Sugar Cookie Hot Stone massage and more. Find out more about The Resort at Paws Up here and the resort’s new Winter Adventure Journal here.
Included in your stay is the following:
- Accommodations in a luxury home for your family for five nights
- All daily meals, nonalcoholic beverages and a selection of beer, red and white wine and well liquors
- Decorated Christmas tree in your home
- Visit from Santa on Christmas Eve
- Gingerbread house building contest
- An activity credit of $500 per person per stay to use on outdoor activities and excursions
- Round-trip transportation service from/to Missoula International Airport and all on-property transportation
A Lowcountry Celebration at Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, South Carolina
For more than a century, The Bluff has been known as one of the most beautiful locations in South Carolina. Amid spectacular beauty rich in wildlife, guests can enjoy nature, history and self-discovery. Holiday guests can gather around the fireplace in the library at Palmetto Bluff to enjoy cookies and hot chocolate with Mrs. Claus as she reads Christmas tales. Young chefs will transform their cookies into amazing creations or enjoy at the Elves Workshop class. The Resort is also offering Menorah lightings on several nights, a Christmas Eve service, family putting contests, ugly sweater tennis competition, cooking classes, bowling and so much more.
Golfers, tennis enthusiasts and fisherman will have plenty of activities to keep themselves active. Be sure to head to the Spa Montage Palmetto Bluff for the Heart of the Bluff massage, Palmetto Body restore massage or the Carolina Experience body treatment. See more about Palmetto Bluff here.
An Ireland Christmas at Adare Manor County Limerick, Ireland
The trees, lights and shared nostalgia are just the icing on the cake at Adare Manor, who this year will celebrate its third holiday season with “A Christmas Beyond Everything.” Festivities simply ripped from the pages of a fairytale, the spellbinding 19th century Irish castle estate is transformed into a winter wonderland, displaying an enchanted setting that captures the magic of the holiday spirit. From exquisite décor, visits from Santa, movie time in the private luxury cinema, cozy evenings by the fire, storytelling for the little ones, carol singers, horse carriage rides and more. Find out more about Adare Manor here.
- Christmas Eve: Festive champagne afternoon tea, wine/whiskey tasting, horse and carriage ride around the grounds, champagne and canape reception with carol singers, Christmas Eve dinner at The Oak Room, night cap at The Tack Room and visit from Santa.
- Christmas Day: Reception in The Drawing Room, Christmas lunch with entertainment. the evening ends with gourmet Christmas Supper and live music sing along in The Tack Room.
A Hawaiian Christmas at Disney’s Aulani Resort in Oahu
Inspired by the natural wonders and rich traditions of Hawaii’s Aulani Resort is the ultimate family getaway—celebrating the beauty, history and welcoming spirit of the island. Holiday guests will enjoy Disney movie nights and holiday caroling, Disney friends in their holiday attire and magical l Hawaiian-inspired holiday décor. Other highlights include:
- Keiki Holiday Cookie Decorating with Santa Goofy: Keiki (child) will have a fun with Santa Goofy during Keiki Holiday Cookie Decorating at Aunty’s Beach House.
- Meet Santa Claus (Christmas Eve): For those lucky enough to stay at the resort on Christmas Eve, Santa Claus will visit Aunty’s Beach House throughout the day.
- Holiday Cheer (Christmas Eve): Guests will be offered complimentary hot cocoa and an assortment of holiday cookies on December 24.
- Christmas Ka Waʻa Lūʻau
Wellness travelers will find a huge menu of fitness classes held right on the beach. And, do not miss the Laniwai spa and outdoor hydrotherapy garden. Also, be sure to also check out their Winter Package from January 1-February 29, 2020. Find out more about The Aulani Resort here.
Georgia Lake Celebration at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
The most special time of year kicks off the holiday spirit with exciting celebrations, including an abundance of family and kids-only experiences. As guests open the doors to the main lobby, they’ll be greeted to a winter wonderland as a life-size Gingerbread House, crafted by Pastry Chef David Campbell and his team. While the elves are hard at work, children can build their own creation complete with pre-built houses, candy, and icing, as they enjoy hot cocoa and cookies at the Gingerbread Workshops, hosted by Mrs. Claus. Other events include:
- Special Moments with Mr. & Mrs. Claus: Snap photos with the Big Man in Red while enjoying savory and sweet items such as miniature pancakes, muffins, waffles, and more during Breakfast in Santa and Story Time with Mrs. Claus.
- Santa’s Little Helpers: Elves-in-training are treated to a holiday-filled Ritz Kids Night Out with a festive dinner, sweet treats, Christmas games, and a special toy created by the elves. For an individual experience, treat the kids to an Elf Tuck In at bedtime, where they will be delighted in a holiday storytelling in the comfort of their guest room, complete with a copy of The Polar Express autographed by Santa to take home. Milk and cookies top off the evening.
- Santa’s Workshop on The Lake: Just in time for the holiday season, the Linger Longer Express arrives from the North Pole decked out and ready for carolers of all ages to climb aboard and sing along to favorite Christmas classics. Stop by the Ritz Kids Concierge on your ride back in to write and drop off a Letter to Santa, and the resort’s helpful elves will deliver it to Kris Kringle right away. A favorite of Rudolph himself, join the Reindeer Games for festive fun in the game room, build a “beary” special holiday friend at a special Build a Buddy workshop.
The magical 6,000-square-foot Ice Rink in The Forest is back for yet another year and will be open daily through Sunday, January 5, 2020. Ice skating is complimentary for all registered resort guests and members. Find out more about The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee here.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.